Integrity Building Sales continues to offer under-the-market prices on metal building accessories and insulation to the public. Get your insulation for 10-20% below market rates.
Already own a building? Order your insulation here for less...
While most companies give WMP facing (vinyl-backed) fiberglass insulation, we give you WMP-VR-R+ facing, white vinyl REINFORCED insulation with building orders. See below for alternative backings available to purchase from Integrity Building Sales.
Owens Corning® EcoTouch® Certified R Metal Building Insulation is a light density fibrous glass blanket. Steel building insulation is basically blankets of woven long-strand fiberglass that are laminated on one side to a vapor-barrier facing. Facing materials are applied to fiberglass insulation blankets to serve as a vapor retarder as well as a protected cover over the fiberglass.
- ASTM C991-08, Standard Specification for Flexible
Fibrous Glass Insulation for Metal Buildings; Type II.
- NAIMA 202-96 (Rev. 2000) Standard for Flexible
Fiber Glass Insulation to be Laminated for Use in
R-Values and Blanket Thickness
Depending on your local climate and comfort expectations, research the typical R-Values for your building interior.
Most popular choices which we have priced online and for add-ons in Option B – Build Your Own Package are:
3″ R-10 roof and wall
6″ R-19 roof & 4″ R-13 wall combination
Simple Installation Procedure for Single Layer Blanket:
- You simply place the insulation roll over the top of the roof purlins and / or wall girts. This is done prior to the exterior metal panels being installed. Orders come with double-sided tape for easy adherence to building, and a small supply of patch tape to assist with minor tears if needed.
- The fiberglass rolls are essentially sandwiched between the interior metal and the exterior sheeting.
- The vapor barrier (usually white finish) is faced towards the inside of the building, giving the building a clean finished look. We always Re-enforce this facing so that our customers have the most sturdy backing. With a single layer application, you can achieve R-Values up to R-19, but not higher.
- The 3” tabs are to be rolled over and stapled.
Procedure for Double Layer Insulation:
The great thing about fiberglass insulation, is you can just add an additional layer and increase your R-value. The highest R-value you can have with a single layer of insulation is R-19 which is 6”. Your purlin depth determines the thickness of your bottom layer.